[PD] R: Re: saving relative paths in a textfile

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Feb 2 21:49:51 CET 2011

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Athos Bacchiocchi wrote:

> If i didn't misunderstood, your hint is to get the patch's path and
> compare it with the sound file's path given by openpanel, to obtain a
> relative path.

Well, I didn't have a complete idea of how to do it ; I only stated how
I'd get started.

> And i will try to get: ../samples/sound.wav I guess starting with [s2l]
> and some list comparing objects. Am I on the right "path"? :)

Yes, I think so.

> PS: i tried opening the patch doing cd /home/athos/pd/mypatch pdextended
> mypatch.pd and i still get an absolute path from [gf/find_file 0]

I don't know why. Lucky you. ;)

Actually, maybe I wrote something wrong. Now I find that the problem is
specifically with :
   pd -send "pd open find_file-help.pd gf"
and even worse :
   pd -send "pd open gf/find_file-help.pd ."

One is not supposed to use a relative name as the $2 of "pd open", but
then, it doesn't get rejected either.