[PD] Am I alone?

patko colet.patrice at free.fr
Thu Feb 3 16:10:19 CET 2011

----- "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> --- On Wed, 2/2/11, patko <colet.patrice at free.fr> wrote:
>

> > no one would be actually ridiculous by generating music
> > with brain (Can you say that about chicken dance?).
>
> I chose the example of the Chicken Dance exactly because it is
> ridiculous, so I agree with you, but fail to see the relevance.

This figure of style just make me thinking about homer simpson's brain activity
always having a chicken dancing somewhere in the mind...

> Also-- what do you mean by point of view?  If you mean a visualization
> of the activity, I suppose I could also say a dancer can imagine their
> own Chicken Dance in kinesthetic terms, quite separate from any
> sound or image.

 Seriously, music is easier to share with most people than galliformes choregraphy.

> >  Tools have been developped to reproduce this music for
> > sharing a projection around a consensus that is different
> > following different social groups. We're just trying not to
> > be alone.
>
> What do you mean when you say "this music"?

This music that comes first from the mind.

> >  Also there is not idea *behind* music, music *is* the
> > idea.
>
> It depends on how you define "idea behind music".
>
> I believe matju means the process that led to music getting produced,
> or written, or whatever.  In that case the idea is not the music.

The idea that lead someone to produce music could lead anyone to anything else,
like chicken dance for example.

--
Patrice Colet