[PD] Are there alternative means of creating patches besides the graphical editor?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Feb 3 18:40:20 CET 2011

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Tedb0t wrote:

> I don't know if anyone has already created a (scripting) tool specifically for generating pd patch files?

I made several, over the years. GridFlow's class index is generated by a
Tcl script. My jmax-to-pd patch conversion tool was written in Ruby. The
numop-table and type-table patches of GridFlow were generated by Tcl
scripts. There might be a few other scripts that I don't remember.

What kind of tool do you have in mind ?