[PD] hardware implementation of [*~]

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 23:41:26 CET 2011

You want it to be bipolar for both signal
and modulator domains.

So that:

 +1 * +1 = +1
 -1 * +1 = -1
 +1 * -1 = -1
 -1 * -1 = +1

A linear biased transistor and most simple op-amp
circuits can't give you this. Hence the need for
something like the CA3080 transconductance circuit.

If you just need basic ring rod (positive domain only)
then a simpler circuit will do

--
Andy Farnell <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk>