[PD] where to find $ args

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 06:12:08 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Rich E wrote:
>
>  Ah, understood.  Thanks for the nice code explanation and references...
>> they both really help.
>> I noticed that t_canvasenvironment remains privately defined, so it's
>> difficult to use this struct.  To get the dollarzero, I saw this works:
>>
>> canvas_setcurrent(x_canvas);
>> int dzero = canvas_getdollarzero();
>>

> That's an alias of pd_pushsym.
> You are supposed to use it with canvas_unsetcurrent (alias of pd_popsym),
> though I don't remember what can really go wrong if you don't unset/pop.

Lots of stuff goes wrong if you don't call canvas_unsetcurrent after setting
it. :) I know because I was running into all sorts of EXC_BAD_ACCESS signals
before doing it - specifically in some experiments in opening patches via
x_canvas points. Thanks for the tip, Mathieu.  I actually got a couple other
questions now that I have figured out a bit more, but I'll save it for
another thread..

Cheers,
Rich