[PD] algorithms for drawing filter response curves

volker böhm vboehm at gmx.ch
Mon Feb 7 12:12:35 CET 2011

On 07.02.2011, at 00:12, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I've started to write a GUI for generating biquad coefficients (something like Max/MSP's [filtergraph~]).  I've gotten the GUI interaction working well, now I'm looking for the algorithms for generating a plot of the frequency response of a given set of biquad coefficents?  It'll end up being Tcl, but I can easily read C, Csound, Java, Perl, Python, etc.
>
> .hc

i've been using the attached js file to query amplitude and phase response of biquad coeffs,
where the coeffs are expected to be of the form: y[n] = a0 * x[n] + a1 * x[n-1] + a2 * x[n-2] - b1 * y[n-1] - b2 * y[n-2] (like in maxmsp).
so, you'd have to rearrage the coeffs and turn the sign of the fb coeffs to make it work with the pd biquad~.

vb