[PD] Abstractions x Externals

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Feb 16 15:04:45 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Bernardo Barros wrote:

> That's funny how other languages jargons uses words with different
> meanings.. :-) In SuperCollider, for instance, "plugins" are the
> extensions to the UGens used by scsynth, the synthesis engine, written
> in C++. The "classes" are those writen in the SuperCollider language. In
> this case they are actually 'classes' in the OOP original jargon, since
> they have methodes, inheritance etc.

How do you explain a C function like class_addmethod, which registers a
method under a certain selector, in a class of your choice ?

It's in <m_pd.h>, Pd's main header.

(There's no actual support for inheritance though. There's no so often a
use for it in the context of Pd. My library supports inheritance
internally, but uses it seldom.)