[PD] libpd and externals using python.

Ricardo Lameiro ricardolameiro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 15:57:31 CET 2011

Hi List.
I posted this message at noisepage's pd-everywhere forum but untill
now there is no answer, so I am posting it to the list, maybe someone
has some idea.

I want to use fiddle~, so I went to the extra folder, compiled it,
(make fiddle~) then I grabbed fiddle~.pd_linux and copy it to
“/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/” (where pylibpd is).
After this I tried to run the patch but fiddle isn’t working.
I then opened the file pylibpd.py and noticed that there is a
definition to add a search path:
 “”"def libpd_add_to_search_path(*args):
return _pylibpd.libpd_add_to_search_path(*args)
libpd_add_to_search_path = _pylibpd.libpd_add_to_search_path”"”.

I added this line to my echo.py derived script:
libpd_add_to_search_path(‘/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/’),
and still doesn’t work.

What is that i am making wrong?
Anyone has some insight:
python script pasted in.