[PD] algorithms for drawing filter response curves

Mike Moser-Booth mmoserbooth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 06:22:21 CET 2011

I think people should realize it, but the helpfile will probably
remind them, too.  I mean, I'm the type of person that would probably
want to see it, but I don't think it's something that always needs to
be seen. In general, I don't think people are particularly interested
in how a lowpass filter affects the phase, and if all you're looking
to do is lowpass filter a sound, it probably won't matter. Besides,
the units don't line up. The y-axis goes from 25 to -25 dB in the
magnitude response pi to -pi radians in the phase response. That's
something that could confuse someone who doesn't really understand
phase alterations to begin with. I think it makes more sense to either
be able to turn it on and off or switch between the two.

The more flexible the object is, the better. :-)

.mmb