[PD] tracking multiblob with constant ID

John Harrison johnharrisonwsu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:04:13 CET 2011

I remember looking into pix_blobtracker but I don't remember why I didn't
use it. In any case, I wrote a Pd abstraction last weekend which I called
nearest-neighbor which I think might do the same thing: it looks for the
shortest euclidean distances between blobs of the current frame with blobs
of the last frame and reorders the blobs in the matrix accordingly. I made a
test patch for tracking 8 blobs --- if pix_multiblob sees less than 8, the
abstraction just copies the missing rows from the last frame --- a real
kludge I know.

Definitely better ways to do this...and...this code is UGLY...but it is
getting the job done for my application at least...

Attached is the abstraction with test patch (multiblob-test).

HTH,

-John