[PD] externals tutorial: link error

Martin martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 18 21:03:08 CET 2011

On 18/02/11 02:39 PM, Elliott Slaughter wrote:
> I'm getting a link error when following the counter tutorial from the
> following page:
>
> http://pdstatic.iem.at/externals-HOWTO/node4.html
>
> 2>counter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _s_float
> 2>C:\Users\Elliott\...\externals\build\Debug\counter.dll : fatal error
> LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I think it's because you need to define MSW in the preprocessor defines
section so that "EXPORT" in m_pd.h is replaced by
"__declspec(dllimport)". Otherwise it's just "extern" and the linker
can't find it.
Another way to avoid that error is to replace any ocurrence of &s_float
with gensym("float") but then you'll probably run into more trouble down
the line.

Martin