[PD] gridflow 9.13 for windows?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 20 18:35:13 CET 2011

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, patko wrote:

> Okay, could you tell me if you are changing the sources, for having
> #from_pix working for example,

This won't happen for GridFlow 9.13, which is already supposed to be
completed since feb 8th, but is still being worked on nearly two weeks
later.

I'd like to figure it out for the release of GridFlow 9.14.

> I'm trying right now to run feedback_fractal.pd through gdb to see
> what's happening and will make a new thread with debug messages...

Seems difficult to figure that one out.

> For having gdb, mingw has a new neat installer:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/

I'll look into that...

> gcc version 4.5.2 (GCC)
> now I have ggc 4.x ;)

That'll make GF run somewhat faster. I didn't use my UNROLL_8 macro
wherever I could use it. It's good that GCC 4 does it for me (previously,
auto-unrolling was a lot more modest and usually couldn't apply to GF's
loop.)

> what about putting README.TXT along bin and extra folder at the root of
> the archive, or along a pd folder that contains bin and extra?

I could do this, but users will still be informed of the extraction trick
after they extract the archive. But it isn't a big deal to extract the
archive twice... just delete and try again.

> At the same time there is something I didn't think about, the admin
> level of windows >=6.0 doesn't allow to extract directly from the
> archive in c:\Program Files, but we have to unzip first and copy the
> folder into c:\Program Files (x86)\pd\

aaaah, and what is it like in other versions of Windows ? (5.1, 7.0)