[PD] tracking multiblob with constant ID

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:49:42 CET 2011

Indeed the link works fine.

> Yes, it's useful. Now I'm talking about something else that might be useful
> and that you don't get in GEM.

Ok.

>>>  That's why [#labelling] also outputs a version of the incoming grid in
>>> which the "1" regions have all been flood-filled with distinct integers
>>> (numbered from 2 upwards ; it can go well beyond 255 if needed).
>
> I mean this : http://gridflow.ca/gallery/%23labelling_false_colors.png
>
> Note that, as the flood-fills are just indices in the list of regions, I had
> to colour them with "random" colours, pretending that this is an
> indexed-colour image.

I still don't think the problem is well explained. for example, what
are "1" regions? i think this goes beyond the constant id aspect of it
or are you arguing that nearest neighbor is not the only/wrong
approach to the problem?

What I am getting is that you are obtaining regions of pixels based on
some criterion, for each frame and then comparing how they overlap
with the previous frame? To do this each of these groups need to be
labelled? are you assigning constant id to the objects with maximum
overlap?

best,

--
Jaime E Oliver LR