[PD] [PD-announce] Doctoral Studies and Visiting Researcher Activities at the Department of Media, Aalto University School of Art and Design

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Feb 24 18:01:54 CET 2011

> -- Visiting Researcher Activities --
>
> SOPI research group also aims to organize International Research Cooperation throughout the collaboration agreements with universities around the world and the Aalto University School of Art and Design. This will include researcher's mobility and joint research projects in collaboration with our european and other partners. You can contact me (koray.tahiroglu at aalto.fi) directly to discuss further any shared/joint interest in these activities.

Hey Koray,
i hope you are well and busy.
I would be definitely interested in a research stay/artistic residence in Helsinki after finishing my dissertation in April 2012.
My main field of interest is embodied interaction with recorded sounds which includes auditory perception, machine listening, machine learning and visualization, interface technology and sound synthesis, all in the context of real-time performance, specifically free electro-acoustic improvisation.

This is the somewhat outdated blurb of my dissertation:
http://grrrr.org/2009/03/01/dissertation-iem/
And some more concrete research work package on the way:
http://grrrr.org/2011/02/15/ircam-mrc-2011/

If your university is interested we could plan this quite comfortably ahead of time.

all the best,
Thomas