[PD] GEM problem with [alpha] on MacOS

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 03:15:01 CET 2011

On 02/25/2011 02:41 AM, chris clepper wrote:

>     Just out of curiosity, who is responsible for determining the color
>     space used by default?
>
> Myself and Jamie Tittle.  The speed difference between YUV and RGBA is
> massive since all video is the former natively.

:D Hahahha

I meant which object. I mean, if it is pix_video who "decides" which
color space to use (as opposed to the OS or somebody else outside GEM)
then I guess the same color space could be used by default in all platforms.

Or is there a particular reason to prefer rgba by default on linux?

I think all unnecessary differences among platform should be avoided
even in default values (otherwise one is obliged to set everything
explicitely)...