[PD] Pd 0.43-0 test +Gridflow (was Gridflow+ L2Ork pd-extended)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Feb 25 18:42:35 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, ALAN BROOKER wrote:

> Thanks, yes wanted to see if it was compatible at your end- just to give
> some brief feedback,-I have actually been using Gridflow + vanilla Pd
> 0.43-0 (test 3) on Ubuntu and it works mostly. The big issue for me was
> the help index, which would completely crash PD when selected, but PD
> 0.43 is a test release I suppose. So for me, other than the help index
> (and perhaps some examples which crashed PD)  it is usable

Well, that 0.43 is a test release is not a reason to leave it like that,
it's one more reason to have it fixed quickly.

But GF's TODO list is large and is only getting larger.

OTOH, I've already finished the work of getting GEM 93 and GEM 92
compatibility at once in the same binaries... regardless of how many
people think that it's not important or too much trouble to get it
working. (That was last year already)

GF<->GEM bridge for Win32 is another tough compatibility topic whose time
is coming. (We once had it working, but it was a brittle GEM92-only hack)