[PD] Pitch envelope

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Feb 27 18:12:00 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Ed Kelly wrote:

> What I am looking for is a mathematical way to calculate the length of a
> transposition envelope relative to its effect on a finite-length sample,
> and so to derive a length for the envelope that will allow the envelope
> and the sample to play out over the same duration. The transposition
> will continuously change the length of the sample, and so from my
> limited knowledge of mathematics I reckon it will take some integration
> of the breakpoint envelope to calculate this number. I'm just not sure
> how to do this.

you're computing exp(0.0577623*(y*120-60+pitch)) before a [line~].

first you will have to explain why the [line~] ought to occur before the
exp, because that makes no sense to me.

whenever i take a breakpoint segment and break it in two such that I get
two segments with the same slope, it shouldn't sound any different, but it
has to sound different if you do the exp (or any other non-affine changes)
before the [line~].