[PD] Reading and writing binary files

David dfkettle at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 02:51:14 CET 2011

Thanks for your help. It took me a while to figure out how 'list
append' works, but I finally managed to get it working. I've attached
the patch (intended to be used as an abstraction, invoked from another
patch, which returns the data read from the file in a list).

I have another question, though. How do the files get closed? When you
exit PureData? Does that mean that every time you open a file, another
system file handle is used and not released until you exit PureData?
Or is there some way to explicitly close the file and release the file
handle, buffers, etc.?

David.