[PD] [OT] USB extender for PS3 Eye on Linux and PD

Markus Demmel az at zankapfel.org
Tue Mar 1 16:09:45 CET 2011

Hi,

i have 2 USB Range Extenders from ATEN (Model UE-250) which you can use
up to 4 times in one row, which means a maximum length of ~= 25m and
they work fine for me. So far i used mainly Webcams (Logitech
C200/Philipps SPC1330).

On the other Hand i was able to use a rather old Logitech Webcam Chat
with 3 usb-cables (just plugs and cords), total length of 8m, without
problems... which would be the cheapest solution :)

markus