[PD] To divide a number in random parts

Caio Barros caio.barros at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 02:20:30 CET 2011

Hey guys, long time since I posted here.
I've been trying to think a way to divide a number into random parts.
Let me explain myself better:
I'm writing a piece where I want 10 chords played during 48 seconds but the
duration of each chord should be different.
So I'm trying to figure out a way to divide 48 into 10 unequal parts, I
think using random numbers should be the best way but the difficulty is to
get 10 random numbers wich summed give 48.
Since I'm not expert at math maybe someone can help me.
I want to do this operation with other numbers, therefore a pd patch would
be great.