[PD] large audio files

David Schaffer schafferdavid at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:38:54 CET 2011

Do you really have to use MP3? I think this might be easier to do with uncompressed WAV.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/
http://audioblog.arteradio.com/David_Schaffer/

From: jbturgid at hotmail.com
To: pd-list at iem.at
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 14:06:56 +0000
Subject: [PD] large audio files

Hey Guys
I've had a vague Idea (which I find is often the best kind) for something to do with pure data.
Basically, I want it to randomly select a clip from a long MP3 (just under an hour long) and play back, preferably with some speed manipulation. Although I'm not sure about how to do with with a large file in pure data. I suppose the trick might be to pull a minute or so whole-sale from the file and then manipulate the playback from an array. But really don't know where to start, with the possible exception of [readanySF~] to actually play a long file.
any help?
Cheers
Andrew