[PD] To divide a number in random parts

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 03:57:45 CET 2011

Check out [list-sort] for short lists, [list-shellsort] for much
longer ones (I don't remember at what point the shellsort starts
beating the other one -- maybe if the list has 50 or more entries; but
at any rate they do the same thing).

Also, if you're going to be doing something like this a ton in real
time with long lists, it might be more productive to do all this
manipulation with tables instead of lists (but there isn't yet a
library of ready-made vanilla table abstractions like list-abs, at
least that I know about; it's been on my to do list for a while but
I've been busy with lots of other stuff, and anyway there are lots of
externals which do these things with tables).

Matt