[PD] Patch for Akai EWI (was "Reading and writing binary files")

David dfkettle at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 16:26:38 CET 2011

Thanks to you, Mathieu, Mike, Hans-Cristoph, I've got it working now.
The second hurdle is to send this data out over Midi as NRPN/Sysex
messages. Before I re-invent this wheel, is there something already
included in pd-extended that would make it easier? I found something
on <http://www.noisybox.net> for sending NRPN messages, but to be
honest, I couldn't understand how to use it, it's way too complicated
for me.

The purpose is to develop a patch (as an abstraction) to control the
setup of an Akai EWI USB wind controller (to select fingering system,
Midi channel, etc.). Is anyone on this list using one of these
controllers? If you're interested in helping test it, let me know. If
I can get it working and you think it might be useful, I'm going to
upload it as open source somewhere (not sure where, yet).

Thanks.