[PD] Patch for Akai EWI (was "Reading and writing binary files")

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 18:07:59 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 16:26, David <dfkettle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to you, Mathieu, Mike, Hans-Cristoph, I've got it working now.
> The second hurdle is to send this data out over Midi as NRPN/Sysex
> messages. Before I re-invent this wheel, is there something already
> included in pd-extended that would make it easier? I found something
> on <http://www.noisybox.net> for sending NRPN messages, but to be
> honest, I couldn't understand how to use it, it's way too complicated
> for me.

NRPNS are interestingly made up of CC messages so you don't really need
sysex.
Attached [nrpnout] (original version by David McCallum) and [nrpnout-yamaha]
where CC numbers are modified according to Yamaha specs. You may need to
match two of the four CC numbers with your gear (the other two are always
the same), and check if your gear needs MSB and LSB address or just one
"NRPN number".

Andras