[PD] Download Pd?

ailo ailo.at at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 20:59:09 CET 2011

I guess the organization of the site is pretty close to what one would
expect it to be, though, some parts do seem a little messy, or outdated
(and I know we could all chip in and help organize a little).

The download section I think is, if not the 1st most important page,
then at least the 2nd.
Clarity is always nice. At least for pd and pd-extended it would be
great if the download section for those was only one click away. And, I
would like it to be even clearer than before, just by glancing at the
page, which is pd (vanilla) and which is pd-extended.

I would like "Downloads" to point to a page where you only see three
options (with clear explanation on what each item is about):
1. puredata
2. pd-extended
3. other (http://puredata.info/community/projects/software)

When clicking 1, or 2, you reach a page where you choose which
package/installer to download to which OS, or a hint that puredata
already exists in this or that repo.

I like the list of software in
http://puredata.info/community/projects/software. It looks like a
beginning of a nice database, which is great, but I don't think puredata
and pd-extended should only be listed there. Right now it's almost hard
to find them.

On 03/06/2011 05:11 PM, George Ker wrote:

> I'd like that too.
>
> I thought also a generally less clustered site would be also friendly.
> thanks for you efforts
>

> -----
>
> GeorgeKer
>
> http://tinyurl.com/georgeker