[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on analogindustries.com

Peter Kirn peter at createdigitalmedia.net
Mon Mar 7 20:04:37 CET 2011

Re-posting as my previous post got scrubbed - sorry, Thunderbird is
convinced Pd-list archives are rich HTML. Doh. ;)

Anyway, I understand now - Chris is complaining generally about
stability, not about vst~. It's troubling, but he's not going into
specifics, so it's hard to know how to respond. I am genuinely curious
about what's causing his troubles; I suspect it isn't his imagination,
so that makes me wonder what the cause is.

As for the UI - well, I think everyone's aware of the situation there.

For audio interface setting persistence, I see that is now improved in
Pd-extended; don't know if that's a patch worth making to Vanilla. It's
a question that comes up a lot, and I don't know enough about the state
of that feature, but I'd be curious to know.

Peter