[PD] Get list of a the arguments of a patch without using any external?

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:28:29 CET 2011

If you need to get the arguments to use within the abstraction
instance itself, you can do it using the [list-argv] patch I've
attached (see the help file). It requires a helper subpatch on
[list-argv]'s parent (i.e. the abstraction you want to use it in).
This employs an idiom by IOhannes which has seemed to be pretty
robust. Warning: there is some dynamic patching that goes on in the
helper subpatch to make this work. I use this a lot for abstractions
that need to be able to take a variable number of arguments.

Matt