[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on analogindustries.com

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Mar 7 20:53:41 CET 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Peter Kirn wrote:

> Anyway, I understand now - Chris is complaining generally about
> stability, not about vst~. It's troubling, but he's not going into
> specifics, so it's hard to know how to respond. I am genuinely curious
> about what's causing his troubles; I suspect it isn't his imagination,
> so that makes me wonder what the cause is.

> As for the UI - well, I think everyone's aware of the situation there.

Randomly disappearing boxes, and generally, canvas appearance that stops
reflecting canvas content — wasn't that a big WINDOWS®-only bug in Pd a
few years ago ? No idea what the problem was. Does that still happen to
anyone ?

> For audio interface setting persistence, I see that is now improved in
> Pd-extended; don't know if that's a patch worth making to Vanilla.

The more difficult it is to apply patches to Vanilla, the less it's worth
applying patches to Vanilla.