[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on analogindustries.com

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 8 04:34:39 CET 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Max wrote:

> just to throw in a equally unspecific report.

Yes. It's important to answer rumours using rumours.

There's a prof who told me that she couldn't teach Pd, and it was because
of its security holes. Then she also told me that Pd doesn't have any
video support. After that she stopped answering emails.

I also heard that MAX was so bad, there's a classroom where they had to
ban Pd to ensure that it looked like buying MAX licenses had been a good
investment.

Much of MAX's popularity is due to vendor lock-in after cheap licenses had
been dumped on students who happened to be taking courses that happened to
require MAX.

And of course, I mean MAX the software, not Max Neupert. ;)