[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on analogindustries.com

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Tue Mar 8 10:39:00 CET 2011

chris clepper wrote:
> I get asked by people if Pd is ever coming out of beta.

I think I already used the cuisine metaphor here... My Italian genes
always point me to that... Along the lines of Mathieu's (?) topic in the
dataflow IRC about ready-made solutions.

And of course it would have been nice if he *shared* the patch(es) which
made Pd crash.

It's interesting (from a more, let's say 'social' point of view) that in
these MAX vs PD, Windows VS Linux, commercial VS FLOSS discussions the
former attitude is usually "hey tried this, I think it's crap/too hard
for me/buggy/can't use it at the first go..." and the latter is always
"care to tell us what was wrong? whatever works best for you...".
Interesting.

Lorenzo.