[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on analogindustries.com

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Tue Mar 8 11:54:31 CET 2011

Besides the unspecified bugs and crashes, I think what's overstated in that
blog post is the brave comparison and generalization between OS and
proprietary software. Imho it's fairly non-sense, even more 'cause not
backed up by specifications or even simple ideas.

I agree one can freely complain on his own blog, but, hey, fact is you're
still using a free software and the license is quite clear about it.
No warranty, if it doesn't work as you expect go on for Max. Without
bothering yourself and the others. If you really need to do it, you can in a
far more polite and constructive way.

As we all know there's a massive amount of professionals working with Pd on
Mac flawlessly.

(I would be curious to know how many new blog visits he has in these days)

--
Marco Donnarumma
Independent New Media and Sonic Arts Professional, Performer, Instructor