[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on, analogindustries.com

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Mar 8 15:53:05 CET 2011

On Mar 8, 2011, at 4:43 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> Preferred by whom ?
>>>
>>> I can't picture anyone wanting to set anyone else's audio settings
>>> when they send someone else a patch.
>>
>> I guess you don't work in anything but 44100 sampling rates.  I
>> have done projects that use 22050 and 48k, and both won't work
>> right unless the sampling rate is set correctly.  Therefore its an
>> essential property of the patch.
> But you can often use [samplerate~] in those situations no?
>
> Lorenzo.

Sure, its totally possible to make patches with samples work at any
sample rate, but usually this is a silly exercise in futility.  For
example, in most of my sound design work, the sound is going to end up
as a 48k audio track to a video.  Why would I work at anything but
48k?  Sound cards have only a small set of supported sampling rates,
MP3s/etc. mostly use one sampling rate, etc.