[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on, analogindustries.com

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 8 16:46:45 CET 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Matt Barber wrote:

> Which reminds me: there used to be a problem with [delwrite~] where it
> would allocate its memory when the patch containing it loaded, based on
> the sample rate active at the time, such that if you switched Pd to a
> higher sample rate after the patch loaded, you'd have the same maximum
> number of samples of delay, but not the same maximum milliseconds. I
> remember there had been talk about fixing this, but if it's still a
> problem, this might be a reason not to set sample rate from the patch.

I fixed that problem. The fix has been accepted and I think that it went
in pd-extended 42.5, but I think that it wasn't listed in the change log.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3011594&group_id=55736&atid=478072
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2978457&group_id=55736&atid=478072

It's split over two tickets because I don't really understand the
difference between the patch tracker and the bug tracker.