[PD] Patch for Akai EWI (was "Reading and writing binary files")

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:29:34 CET 2011

Sorry, it seems i didn't read your first mail carefully.
So you need NRPN and sysex. NRPN is easy then, you just have to check that
you use the right CC numbers. Sysex is easy too if you have a functional
[midiout] :o) otherwise it doesn't work. I couldn't find (i don't have the
first mails anymore), which OS are you using? On Linux, it works for sure,
on other OSs, give it a try because it may just work.
I recommend that you use a physical loopback to test the throughput: you
send out the MIDI from your interface and feed it back to its input and see
[midiin] if it arrives and if it arrives in its entirety. BTW the second
inlet of [midiout] and the second outlet of [midiin] are for port numbers,
which is not exactly the same as channel number: channel 3 of your second
MIDI interface would be 19 and so on. And you'll have to send a comma
separated list of decimals(!) to the first inlet of [midiout]: something
like [240, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 247(

Andras