[PD] starting [pd~] causes: tcl: /usr/lib/bin/pd.tk: can't open script

John Harrison johnharrisonwsu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:31:07 CET 2011

I filed this into the bug tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3202613&group_id=55736&atid=478070

As I mention in the bug tracker, you can get around the problem by adding
symbolic links:
/usr/lib/bin -> /usr/lib/pd-extended/bin
/usr/lib/extra -> /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra
/usr/lib/docs -> /usr/lib/pd-extended/docs

Anyway, after all that I seem to get better performance with the old model
of running separate Pd instances. I'm not communicating audio between the
instances so running separate instances and using sockets to communicate
between them continues to be a fine solution for me.

-John