[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on, analogindustries.com

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 8 19:25:19 CET 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2011, at 6:19 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> I can't picture anyone wanting to set anyone else's audio settings when
>> they send someone else a patch.
> I guess you don't work in anything but 44100 sampling rates.  I have done
> projects that use 22050 and 48k, and both won't work right unless the
> sampling rate is set correctly.  Therefore its an essential property of the
> patch.

Ok, yeah, well, I do work in both 44100 and 22050, but I have nearly
everything in 44100, and when I use 88200, it's only about part of the
patch.

But anyway I was thinking more about stuff like -oss -audiodev -channels.

You are quite right about the sampling rate, but that means too bad for
soundcards that don't support your patch.