[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on analogindustries.com

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 8 20:21:23 CET 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, João Pais wrote:

>> Randomly disappearing boxes, and generally, canvas appearance that stops
>> reflecting canvas content — wasn't that a big WINDOWS®-only bug in Pd a
>> few years ago ? No idea what the problem was. Does that still happen to
>> anyone ?
>
> I've used Pd 99,9999% of my time in windows, and don't ever remember that
> happening.

Since what year ?

I think it was a fairly long time ago, although I do have a vague memory
of having seen the problem much later and having been surprised, but that
might have been simply because someone was using a very old version.

My guess is that it was something that got fixed in Pd 38 or so (2004),
but that's a bit of a wild guess.