[PD] The economics of Open source

Jose Luis Santorcuato santorcuato76 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 00:44:08 CET 2011

Hi, A couple of years brought to Chile to Richard Stallman, I
participated in some way with GNU and I realized that most developers
live lectures and workshops, of their works.
The option to donate is very good, although I do not think it should
be sufficient to engage only the development, most of those who post
here have jobs in universities and occasionally give talks about Pd,
Arduino, Processing.
There is also an ethical commitment to the creator, musician and
teacher, who impregnates the community.

Some of your questions resolved them coming this year to study
programming and systems, along with helping Pd, we can develop our own
systems and not rely on an event like what is written in connection
with Ardour.

It is a big issue, especially for South America, which does not carry
(except in cases such as Wiring), and where we depend on good way to
what develops out.

Best regards

José

http://arselectronicachile.blogspot.com