[PD] Patch for Akai EWI (was "Reading and writing binary files")

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Mar 10 11:53:07 CET 2011

Hi David,

just out of curiosity I checked the dump requests in order to see if there
is any reason for transmission of these NRPN controllers.

There is absolutely no reason for them!

I've attached my updated SysEx chart for the EWI-USB in case you want to
mess around with anything.
BTW the NRPN controllers are only being sent when there is a dump request
from the Aria software to the EWI. Not when data is being sent to the EWI.

After the dump is transmitted to the EWI the software sends another full (3
part) dump request and everything on page 1 of the chart is repeated.

To me it looks like "Plogue" - who wrote the software - simply forgot to
take out the NRPNs.

This got me confused in the beginning, too. It's just a general problem when
people like ewi-usb.com put some incorrect information on the web and don't
correct this information anymore after it turns out to be wrong. Then guys
like you and many others get confused.

Ingo