[PD] Toughts on PD vs. Max stability on macintels on analogindustries.com

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Mar 19 21:50:52 CET 2011

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011, Andy Farnell wrote:

> This is pure superstition and folklore, but I'm sure it had something to
> do with using [knob] objects. Just a feeling in my bones.

Well, that's possibly a very good guess. Now if only someone could look at
[knob]'s code, to find out what might be wrong with it...

Anything that uses sys_vgui() can be doing things wrong sometimes. For
example, current sys_vgui() conventions can cause conflicting pointers in
Win64, but there is no evidence that this ever happened. Afaict, this is a
separate bug from the one you experienced, and from the windows bug that
I've seen a long time ago. The Win64 bug is not easy to fix and it doesn't
look like anyone will want to fix it anytime soon.