[PD] Compiling Pd external using Codeblocks on Windows

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Sun Mar 20 13:59:03 CET 2011

Probably*:
1) having it configure on your favorite IDE
2) with all the inherited stuff of having and IDE :)

Codeblocks is cross platform and a lot of projects are using it to have a
configured build version for IDEs that is easier to setup.
Although regarding PD I always compile in linux, thus "make" is the way for
me.

*But then again, I'm not speaking for anybody here, just thiking out loud.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 12:51 PM, patko <colet.patrice at free.fr> wrote:

> hello,
>
>  what is the advantage of using codeblocks for compiling pd and externals?
>
> Why not just using msys like explained in puredata.info tutorial?
>

> ----- "J bz" <jbeezez at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > Hi peeps,
> >
> > Wondering if anyone has experience of using Codeblocks to compile an
> > external for Windows?
> >
> > Lorenzo Sutton has very kindly forwarded me an external he has made
> > for quad panning using Chowning's methodology which I really like.
> > In the package he forwarded to me, he says that all the code is there
> > for building in windows using codeblocks.
> >
> > I have had a quick go in Puredyne with it but I require a Windows
> > version for a piece next week.
> >
> > I have zero experience of compiling on any platform and don't really
> > know where to get started. I'm aware there are a couple of tutorials
> > knocking around on the pd & hurleur sites but going through them last
> > night made my teeth hurt. I found a couple of Codeblocks tutorials but
> > the .dll files I made from them of the external don't work.
> >
> > I'm sure that if I had a couple of days with nothing else on I could
> > get to grips with this but I don't. What I do have is a looming
> > deadline though!
> >
> > I attach Lorenzo's external (Lorenzo if this is a problem please
> > contact me asap)
> >
> > Btw, I have the Codeblocks version with MinGW and the GCC compiler.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Julian

> --
> Patrice Colet