[PD] [PD-announce] preQiew: a preview window for Gem

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Mar 21 05:50:27 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

> Hi Luca,thanks for sharing this!  looks very handy.. However, I'm
> testing the cpu usage, and I noticed a +50% in the cpu load when
> creating the preview. I understand [preqiew] run another instance of Pd,
> but such load is possibly caused by the shared texture... I tested with
> a [cube] too, with the same result. Does the overload happen with you?

I have worse news... If I open preqiew-help.pd, create a preview window,
then close that patch, then try to create a new patch, the original
'pdextended' process crashes (Erreur de Segmentation), while its gui
survives (why would that be ?) and the 'pdextended -nogui' survives too.

But just after that, I noticed that merely opening the patch and closing
it, without creating a preview window, also causes a similar weird crash
while quitting pd. In that case, though, it looks like the main process
«terminated normally» except that it doesn't close the other processes.