[PD] fiddle: amplitude scale for individual pitches

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:59:42 CET 2011

Hi,

Thank you for the clarifications, and sorry for replying with such a
delay to a thread I started myself...

On 03/10/2011 07:31 PM, Miller Puckette wrote:
> "Loudness" is incorrectly estimated
> as the fourth root of amplitude (should have been the fourth root of power,
> equal to the square root of amplitude,

Ok so I guess that's why the pitch track's amplitude can be greater than
the sound's total amplitude.

> By the way, I think sigmund~ works way better than fiddle~ on most classes of
> input signals :)

But correct me if I am wrong: with sigmund~ you can't get the "total"
amplitude of a pitch track in a trivial way, can you? You would have to
"manually" sum up the track's components' amplitudes, right? (well in a
sense that _is_ trivial)

Thanks
m.