[PD] buttonbar plugin under Windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Mar 21 23:12:48 CET 2011

Hey Gaurav,

Thanks for reporting this bug, I cc'ed the pd-list since it is a topic
of general interest.  It seems that the package 'base64' is not
included in the Windows installer, that's why this doesn't work.  GUI
plugins will only work with 0.43 or newer, so 0.42.5 won't work.  I
put it on my TODO list to see about including 'base64'  with the
Windows installer.

.hc

On Feb 28, 2011, at 11:56 PM, gaurav chadha wrote:

> dear hans,
>
> hello i wish this small note of mine finds you well. i wrote to you
> some time ago. i just wanted to follow up with you on the present
> situation -of my endeavour to see the button bar.
>
> i got the button bar from this link
> http://puredata.info/community/projects/software/buttonbar
>
> i have put the button-bar.tcl in the folders as mentioned on this
> web-page
> http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-
> files
>
> i have also been read through the discussion on this link
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@iem.at/msg40751.html
>
> when i run the pd 0.43 build 26 feb, i get the following response in
> the main pd window... and ofcourse no button bar. i also have the pd
> extended 0.42.5 version installed. i am running a windows xp sp3.
>
> i have also posted this on the pd forums at the link http://puredata.hurleur.com/viewtopic.php?pid=22716#p22716
>
> -----------
> UNHANDLED ERROR: can't find package base64
>     while executing
> "package require base64"
>     ("uplevel" body line 8)
>     invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 $tclcode"
> FAILED TO LOAD C:/Program Files/Common Files/Pd/buttonbar-plugin.tcl
> -----------
> -----------
> UNHANDLED ERROR: can't find package base64
>     while executing
> "package require base64"
>     ("uplevel" body line 8)
>     invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 $tclcode"
> FAILED TO LOAD C:/Documents and Settings/Gaurav/Application Data/PD/
> buttonbar-plugin.tcl
> -----------
> Gem: can't load library
> libdir_loader: added 'cyclone' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'zexy' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'creb' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'cxc' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'iemlib' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'list-abs' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'mapping' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'markex' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'maxlib' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'memento' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'mjlib' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'motex' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'oscx' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'pddp' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'pdogg' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'pixeltango' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'rradical' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'sigpack' to the global objectclass path
> libdir_loader: added 'smlib' to the global objectclass path
> [...]

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie