[PD] pd 0.43-0 released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Mar 22 21:28:15 CET 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 18:57 +0000, Jamie Bullock wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2011, at 23:26, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

> > On Mar 21, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Miller and other devs,
> >>
> >> PD 0.43 has an annoying bug... He somehow capture a color from the
> >> default color theme system and applies to background color of the
> >> canvases. I use Openbox, but I have KDE installed (Arch). I reported
> >> this last year, but it seems nobody looked at it...
> >>
> >> Happy debugging season! :-)
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >

> > Try fixing it with a GUI plugin:
> >

> So is this really a bug, or a feature?
>
> Either way, it seems to me that users should have to write GUI plugins to make Pd have a usable background colour.

People should not have to write a plugin to have a usable background
color, we agree there.  But some people also heavily customize their
OS's colors, or use window managers that have very different color
schemes, so this is unfortunately not as simple as it seems.  The
canvas' background is already set to be white by default, but it seems
on his computer, something is overriding that.  A GUI plugin can easily
override the thing that is overriding the default in pd-gui.tcl.