[PD] math + music examples

Cody Loyd codyloyd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:41:06 CET 2011

I think good examples for kids would be simple math based sequencers.
Either use a fixed set of pitches that are called by smaller numbers
or use midi pitches, as those will be easier for kids to understand.
I would start off the whole demonstration with frequencies though, and
then introduce the midi pitches.   Anyway, once you have a sequencer
set up, you can alter the equations that are used to call the steps,
use random numbers, only play the even numbers, use multiplication
after the additive counter(make a simple counter - with f+1 and a
modulus and put a multiply between the counter and the modulus then
changing the multiply amount will give you different patterns.)

IMO, that would be the simplest thing to set up and for the kids to
see the relation.