[PD] cannot get pix_record to work

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Mar 24 16:27:06 CET 2011

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Husk 00 wrote:

> I use #record from gridflow. It's not Gem, I know, but it's a good
> solution (thanks Mathieu) cheers husk

I don't remember whether I said the following already, but I don't use
[#record] and didn't write [#record].

I find it more convenient to be using [#out] directly, as it makes it easy
to write down your settings in your own patch, like this :

   [open stuff.mov, framerate 25, codec jpeg, parameter jpeg_quality 67(

   [#out]

or if you really want to loadbang it, there's a single-box shortcut :

   [#out stuff.mov, framerate 25, codec jpeg, parameter jpeg_quality 67]

but I don't use this shortcut often, because I want to avoid some
potential accidents of overwriting files :)

[#record] is a small abstraction that uses [#out]'s open quicktime.

Note that you can only use one [#record] at a time, but you can use
several [#out].