[PD] MIDI triggered samples

Phil Stone pkstone at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 24 21:57:54 CET 2011

OK, this was probably too broad a way to pose this. Let me try it this
way: I'm not concerned with looping, re-sampling or sample-rate
changing. I simply want a low-latency trigger of a sound file from an
incoming event. The file(s) may, however, be quite large.

So, is a phasor-scanned [tabread4~] the best way to go about this? Will
memory management become an issue if I have 44 or 88 of these large
samples in memory at once?

thanks,

Phil