[PD] pd latency on puredyne 9.10 with Nvidia HDA

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 17:36:57 CET 2011

Charles,
Do you mean from a terminal startup pd and jack with sudo or to
actually log on to the system as root from startup? I don't know how
to do that besides running the recovery startup. Linux has changed in
the last 15 years. I did try changing the runlevel of the timers and
sound card IRQ as well as adding myself to the sound group on another
installation and still had the same problem.

Bernard,
I guess I should have said performance is better on vista than
puredyne with said latency settings. I did not actually measure
latency.  The audio does not drop out with latency set at 50ms on
vista but does with puredyne.  2.6.31-9-rt is the kernel i'm using.
Yes 50ms is bad for rt performance that is why I'm trying to get this
working with linux. It is impossible it seems with vista to get the
latency any lower. It is crazy 10 years ago latency was not an issue
with 10 times slower machines.  The current processor is an AMD
Sempron LE 1250 at 2.2GHz.

Thanks and Thanks