[PD] pd latency on puredyne 9.10 with Nvidia HDA

Charles Goyard cg at fsck.fr
Fri Mar 25 18:14:45 CET 2011

Billy Stiltner wrote:
> Charles,
> Do you mean from a terminal startup pd and jack with sudo

yes sudo will do.

I also would recommend trying Archlinux, which is really up-to-date. But
as they say that's no picnic.

> It is impossible it seems with vista to get the latency any lower.

Try using another driver. It seems in some cases the directX driver
gives better results than Asio. Just try every driver in turn. That's
what I did on a old Pentium4 running XP with a low-end terratec sound
card: Asio gives 40ms, directX gives 12ms.  Go figure...

good luck !
--
Charlot